If you want delicious homemade pizza, you've got to try this topping combo. Diced red onion gets cooked down into yummy caramelized bites and the whole thing is topped with a balsamic reduction that takes this pizza to the next level. [x_video type="16:9, 5:3, 5:4, 4:3, 3:2" m4v="" ogv="" poster="" hide_controls="" autoplay="" embed='' no_container="true"]
Red Onion Pizza with Balsamic Reduction
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Roll out your pizza dough and top with sauce and 2/3 of you cheese.
- Sprinkle diced red onion on pizza and top with remaining 1/3 of cheese.
- Cook pizza according to your crust instructions and set aside to cool.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small pot over medium heat.
- Once vinegar comes to a simmer, stir frequently until the vinegar is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction over pizza, slice, and enjoy!