A group chili recipe is a must have! Chili is such a warm and cozy food and the perfect thing to have on a cold day or bring to a party. Plus, this chili has a secret ingredient that makes it smoky and extra yummy!
Smoky Chili Recipe
1 tablespoon cooking fat (pastured lard, grass-fed butter, coconut oil, etc.)
1 medium onion, diced
2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
(2) 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
1.5 cups dry kidney beans, soaked and cooked (about 3 cups cooked beans)
1.5 cups dry black beans, soaked and cooked (about 3 cups cooked beans)
1 quart water or beef broth
- In a large soup pot, heat cooking fat over medium heat.
- Add onion to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, garlic, spices, and salt and cook until beef is browned.
- Add chipotle in adobo sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, and water/broth to pot and stir to distribute ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
- Serve chili, with toppings if desired.